Thursday, April 05, 2007

project peep hole fish-eye lens


objective:
i wanted to take some aerial shots with my kap unit using a fisheye lens, and with the help of other geeks out there, i applied their knowledge. for 8 bucks, you just can’t go wrong!

challenges/procedures:
the only challenge was making an adapter to fit snugly into the lens of my camera (canon elph). measuring the diameter of my camera’s lens, and the diameter of the peep hole viewer, the best adapter i found was this pvc 1” x ¾” reducing coupler i purchased at home depot for $0.39. for a snug fit, i partially lined the inside of the pvc coupler w/ cushioning, the one used to stop windy drafts around leaky windows.




features:

takes nearly a 180 degree shot. check out the 'with' and 'without' shots of my living room.

conclusion:
a great fish eye for a bird’s eye view.
project peep hole fish-eye lens: pass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

email me @ wolfiebites@yahoo.com